Micki,

Do you know if the clot in his lung is due to deep veined thrombosis? My husband developed the condition first in one leg and then in the other after the second dose of Cisplatin. If so, a daily injection will take care of it. What I learned from the oncologist that DVT is a very common condition in cancer patients. Because my husband’s cancer metastasized, he was using the injection till the very end. The doctor at the Thrombosis Clinic forgot one time and told him to stop the injections. The oncologist nearly went through the roof when she heard it and sorted it out for us on the spot.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.