Day 8: I seem to be developing an itchy rash on my lower legs. Took some pictures and used a patient app to message one of my team doctors, who I am seeing next week. No signs of a rash on my upper body or arms yet. No fever. No sneezing or coughing. Just an itchy rash. Could be worse.

My tongue seems to be healing well since the end of my radiation treatment last week. The sores are not hurting as much right now. Mucus thickness has declined. Not drooling as much anymore at night. I am eating a pot pie soaked in cream of chicken soup thinned with milk. Able to swallow without choking on small chunks of food. Woo! A few days ago I was limited to cream of wheat and ensure.

My neck burn is not peeling anymore. Happy to keep my daily intake up every day. I try to take a walk when I can and had my bike fixed so I can take a ride the next warm day we get here.

The number of people involved in my care (@ a CCC) is humbling. Doctors, nurses, therapists, support staff, & of course, family. With everyone fighting for me to beat cancer the least I can do is fight back and win!