Two more days, woot!

Looking forward to the end of treatment. The mucositis is getting bad...the worst it has ever been during a scheduled 33 radiation treatment sessions, which is why my scheduled third round of chemo (cisplatin) was canceled today. Got fluid infusion with pain killer instead. My Chemo Oncologist did not want the chemo enhancing the radiation treatments, which would make the sores worst.

I've been dealing with tongue sores for a few weeks now, but have been able to deal with it using lidocaine, salt & soda rinse, & Magic Mouthwash. Last week I finally had to start using Morphine Immediate Release (IR) 15mg as needed for pain every 4 hours.

The pain worsened over the weekend. Eating & drinking have finally become difficult & I had to throw away some of my meals, which dialed back my caloric intake. Drinking an 8oz. bottle of Ensure became a chore, taking a long time to drink because of the pain. Now my nutritionist wants me drinking around 5 per day. Oh boy...

I was prescribed Morphine Extended Release (ER) 15mg today to use in conjunction with the IR. So hopefully it helps, because the IR alone wasn't getting the job done.

The number of people involved in my care (@ a CCC) is humbling. Doctors, nurses, therapists, support staff, & of course, family. With everyone fighting for me to beat cancer the least I can do is fight back and win!