Hi, Fred. I am so sorry you are going through this. My husband was diagnosed with SCC BOT last February and it has definitely been a challenge. While I can’t totally understand what you’re feeling, I can tell you as a wife, it’s terrifying too. Glad you’re going to tell your wife. She will want to help you navigate this whole thing and share the burden with you. As far as your kids go, that’s up to you. We did pick and choose how much to tell the kids not realizing they would all start to search the internet which scared them to death! Now we just tell them everything. Bob opted for surgery, chemo and radiation to give him the best shot and it was very hard but it is manageable. Whatever treatment you choose, the doctors are great at anticipating side effects, complications, etc. I don’t have any real advice for you (i’lllet the real veterans on here give you that) but I wanted to let you know that I’ll be thinking of you and wishing you the best! Just breathe and take one step at a time!