My name is Glen Haubold, I'm glad I found the group. I was just diagnosed with sqcc, I have a very small cyst under my tongue at the base but apparently that's only the part that is visible. I'm at MDA in Houston. I retired last year from New Mexico State University, we sold our house and travel in a Class A RV. I was diagnosed in College Station while we were parked in Livingston, so we just found a park closeby.

I had tests every day last week, had the barium swallow this morning and now (I think) wait while the wizards come up with a treatment plan. The cancer is not staged but hasn't spread; I am waiting to see if it's HPV positive or not.

My sobriety date is September 1996 and I quit smoking two years later. I have participated in AA meetings online since the beginning of such things, and know first-hand the value of listening to the experience, strength, and hope of others who have been where I am. I also suspect that taking it a day at a time will be the same good idea that it is in AA.

Thank you for allowing me in, I have many, many questions but think I will listen and read for a while first.

Last edited by Glen Haubold; 12-09-2019 04:12 PM.

diagnosis of SqCC at base of tongue November 2019
MD Anderson MRI x2, CP, PET, ultrasound, X-ray
no spread but not staged