Posted By: Glen Haubold Great to find the group - new member - 12-09-2019 11:09 PM
My name is Glen Haubold, I'm glad I found the group. I was just diagnosed with sqcc, I have a very small cyst under my tongue at the base but apparently that's only the part that is visible. I'm at MDA in Houston. I retired last year from New Mexico State University, we sold our house and travel in a Class A RV. I was diagnosed in College Station while we were parked in Livingston, so we just found a park closeby.

I had tests every day last week, had the barium swallow this morning and now (I think) wait while the wizards come up with a treatment plan. The cancer is not staged but hasn't spread; I am waiting to see if it's HPV positive or not.

My sobriety date is September 1996 and I quit smoking two years later. I have participated in AA meetings online since the beginning of such things, and know first-hand the value of listening to the experience, strength, and hope of others who have been where I am. I also suspect that taking it a day at a time will be the same good idea that it is in AA.

Thank you for allowing me in, I have many, many questions but think I will listen and read for a while first.
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Great to find the group - new member - 12-11-2019 06:28 PM
I’m sorry about your diagnosis. MD Anderson is one of the top cancer centers in the world so you should be in good hands. Is the tumor in your mouth or in the oropharynx?

You’re right, there are all kinds of information on this forum and you’ll learn a,lot reading through posts. If you have questions, please feel free to come back and ask.
Posted By: Glen Haubold Re: Great to find the group - new member - 12-14-2019 09:29 PM
It's visible under the tongue at the base, extends into the muscle.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum