I'm just over 4 weeks post rads and I've developed a salty taste in my mouth again. It's just like the one I had during rads. I honestly hope it'll go away as it's constant at the moment. Although I do have white patches at the back of my throat, so I'm wondering if its thrush as I believe that also gives a bad taste. I've got an appointment with my sarcoma team on Monday so will get them to check it out.

I've been sick a few times, but from trying to cough up mucus that had got stuck in the back of my throat. It can trigger my gag reflex.

I'm starting to flag a little bit this week. My positivity is waning. I'm back sleeping n the sofa at night as my mouth gets so dry I wake up coughing, so sitting up while I sleep eases that. Being sick a few times are calories I'm not getting back. Being frightened of choking has put me off food. The salty taste that i've not had for weeks is back. I feel like I'm going backwards. I have a horrible feeling my Christmas dinner will be ensure plus through my feeding tube. frown

Sorry to be negative, especially when I've been upbeat for so long.

F 39 x-smoker no alcohol
05/20/19 T4aN1/N2bM0 SCC a whopper of a tumour at 8cm long & 4cm wide
Pembro pre & post surgery
RIG
Glossectomy ND RFFR 08/13/19
RT x33
2x cispltin
So far, no evidence of disease
Now an author of a recipe book for mouth cancer patients