Hello,
I love this forum. Such amazing people and suggestions. My 91 year old mother had a recurrence of her oral cancer; along with tumor on her jaw. Qualified for an immunotherapy trial which she wanted to try. (In her mind, what have I got to lose?) Here we are 4 months later, tumor on her jaw pretty much gone and cancer dwindling. So here we are with this encouraging news, but the side effects? have been awful. She contracted C-diff in August which took about 6 weeks to recover. We had a feeding tube put in because she was having difficulty swallowing (lots of mucus and gagging). And now, she is sleeping almost all day and night and the diarrhea is chronic. Trying to figure out if this is end of life/stage stuff, needing a break from immuno treatment and/or??? Also trying to figure out the best place for her. My sister has mom living in her house and it's been really challenging for her. Thanks for letting me share this...hoping someone might have a similar story and how you handled this.

Pat McDermitt