Hello everyone - my first post here. I found out about this website through my mom's speech therapist. My mom (80) was diagnosed this past summer with a tumor in her neck and was operated on in early August. Unfortunately, the tumor was attached to a nerve in her tongue and long story short she is now home post hospital and rehab unable to swallow food. Her biggest issues right now are having to use a feeding tube (Bolus method) and the incredible build up of mucus she gets every day. We are trying different things for the mucus and we are hopeful she'll get her ability to swallow back one day, her surgeon has said it's just a matter of time that everyone heals at a different pace.

We are now looking to get her outpatient speech therapy as her in-home has ended. Her in-home recommended we go to a place that has therapists dealing with cancers of the head and neck. We will also meet with a radiation oncologist for a consultation.

I'm here mainly to learn all I can through this forum as we navigate through this.

Thank you.