Hi Karla,

Welcome to OCF.
I too was in your shoes not so long ago. I had my surgery a month ago today and am doing really well.
One of the things that really helped me get through the emotional side was to meditate. I would (and still do) use meditation when I was having MRI's, PET scans, blood tests etc. If I was having a terrible night sleep whilst in hospital or at home, meditation allowed me to calm my mind. I still might not have had a good nights sleep but stopping my mind from doing that roller-coaster thing was so helpful.

Absolutely eat everything you want to eat. My husband asked me what my wish meal was and then he took me out for it. I've only had one day, so far, where I was upset that I couldn't eat solid food and that was last night because it was my husbands birthday and we usually order out. I ordered soup as I know I can have that, but I chose wonton soup thinking I'll have a try with eating a soft wonton. I cut it up into tiny pieces and tried to chew. All it did was whizz round my my mouth laugh I was so upset. I can laugh about it now as it's not the end of the world.

I hope you find your zen.

F 39 x-smoker no alcohol
05/20/19 T4aN1/N2bM0 SCC a whopper of a tumour at 8cm long & 4cm wide
Pembro pre & post surgery
RIG
Glossectomy ND RFFR 08/13/19
RT x33
2x cispltin
So far, no evidence of disease
Now an author of a recipe book for mouth cancer patients