Below is my history. First treated by a wonderful ENT in IL. After second recurrence he suggested I see the surgeons at another facility where I went 4 weeks in the hospital with 24 hour chemo and twice a day radiation. The length of time was actually 8 weeks..they called their program week on week off or WOWO. That was in 2012. I was in remission for nearly 3 years and then it all started again. It’s 2019 and I’ve participated in a Chemo trial of Vandetanib..still recurred, then the immunotherapy trial with Keytruda, still recurred. Both trials I was found to be on the drug and not the placebo.
First Diagnosis 11/29/2010 - SCC in situ on left side of tongue - partial glossectomy + lymph node removal left side
Recurrence 2012 wide excision then chemotherapy and radiation. My surgeon is trying to give me the best quality of life I can have
Multifocal invasive SCC
Recurrence 2015, 4 re-excisions 2016
2017 partial glossectomy Trial for Keytruda infusion - new lesion partial gloss
partial gloss 2x 2018 hospitalized malnutrition now g-tube feeding only
partial gloss 2x 2019 Dr working goal reconstructive flap but need clean margins - most recent surgery 7/29/2019.
I take all nutrition through my G tube
I’m glad there is an Oral Cancer Support Group. Thanks for letting me share.

Multifocal invasive SCC First Diagnosis 11/29/2010 - SCC in situ on left side of tongue - partial glossectomy + lymph node removal left side
Recurrence 2012 wide excision then chemotherapy and radiation
Recurrence 2015, 4 re-excisions 2016
2017 partial glossectomy Trial for Keytruda infusion - new lesion partial gloss
partial gloss 2x 2018 hospitalized malnutrition now g-tube feeding only
partial gloss 2x 2019 Dr working goal reconstructive flap but need clean margins