Posted By: AAnaya52 First Post - 08-15-2019 01:31 PM
Below is my history. First treated by a wonderful ENT in IL. After second recurrence he suggested I see the surgeons at another facility where I went 4 weeks in the hospital with 24 hour chemo and twice a day radiation. The length of time was actually 8 weeks..they called their program week on week off or WOWO. That was in 2012. I was in remission for nearly 3 years and then it all started again. It’s 2019 and I’ve participated in a Chemo trial of Vandetanib..still recurred, then the immunotherapy trial with Keytruda, still recurred. Both trials I was found to be on the drug and not the placebo.
First Diagnosis 11/29/2010 - SCC in situ on left side of tongue - partial glossectomy + lymph node removal left side
Recurrence 2012 wide excision then chemotherapy and radiation. My surgeon is trying to give me the best quality of life I can have
Multifocal invasive SCC
Recurrence 2015, 4 re-excisions 2016
2017 partial glossectomy Trial for Keytruda infusion - new lesion partial gloss
partial gloss 2x 2018 hospitalized malnutrition now g-tube feeding only
partial gloss 2x 2019 Dr working goal reconstructive flap but need clean margins - most recent surgery 7/29/2019.
I take all nutrition through my G tube
I’m glad there is an Oral Cancer Support Group. Thanks for letting me share.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: First Post - 08-17-2019 05:13 PM
Welcome to OCF! Im glad you have discovered our group to help you with info and support. OCF is the largest online message board dedicated to providing correct, up to date medical info and moral support for those patients/survivors with oral cancer and their caregivers.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum