I did not go to a day's worth of appts with husband. He saw all the doctors, had a CT scan. It was 1 yr ago this week that a feeding tube was inserted which was the worst part of it all according to him as it never fit correctly and he had a lot of pride to stumble over before he would use it. He lost 60 lbs in 2 months from starvation and after some hospitalization.

Haven't heard about CT scan results but he was put on another form of antibiotic for a sinus infection he can't shake. they sent in a sample to determine what bacteria (?) he is dealing with.

He doesn't see the radiation oncologist for 6 months so he has graduated from the 3 month visits to 6 months at least for 1 doctor out of the 3.

You would never know he had cancer. He can eat anything he wants and no more burning. His voice is normal. He still eats a horrible diet of fast food and frozen processed stuff like before frown , working full time, still a bit tired but he works a desk job 40 hours a week and has a mowing business, I'd be tired too.

We seem to be surrounded by people with cancer lately. Just lost a friend to pancreatic cancer. Met her 30 yrs ago this week at my first date with husband. Daughter in law has a dad (liver and kidney cancer) and a brother (prostrate cancer but doing ok now). My daughter's father in law had prostrate cancer. Walking thru it gives one a new appreciation of the cancer journey as others walk thru it.

just a little update for those who have carried me along this difficult journey the past year.

Last edited by ConnieT; 08-10-2019 07:20 AM.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free