I still read posts on here but it's been quiet for the most part after a few scares. Husband has a CT scan in August. They said no more PET scans right now due to the amount of radiation exposure but a doctor friend asked why they aren't doing an MRI as CT scan has radiation. Good question!

Husband has finally been doing a little googling about his condition and put himself into a panic. Called his doctors who told him due to the HPV positive, he has a 90% survival rate. Interesting. I have not seen those numbers but maybe that's true these days. If so, OC medicine has come a long way.

He has been complaining about how tired he is. I said, they obliterated your thyroid. He said that's why I"m so cold and tired? I said maybe, get it checked. A few days later, he comes running out to tell me that he was reading about thyroid and how radiation damages it. oh my! it was like new news to him. I didn't slap him but the thought crossed my mind! I just rolled my eyes in my mind. He went to local hospital which I refuse to go to for multiple reasons (mostly mistakes they make) and he asked for a thyroid panel. They tested his TSH and then did a whole panel of others stuff he never asked for. I had told him what to order from a lab you walk in and pay for the tests you want. He didn't listen cuz he says insurance pays for everything so I want free. I can guarantee it was not free. I will get a bill. There's a whole story I could share about him and insurance! So, he never got the info he needed about his thyroid. he exhausts me.

anyway, you would never know he had cancer. He eats junk food night and day cuz in his head, he can't lose weight. He weighs 250 lbs. They beat that into his head and now it's stuck! He thinks he needs to gain and I don't know if chemo and radiation affect your weight permanently or not. Kind of curious to know.

thanks for reading. I still need a vacation from all I went through this last year. still exhausted and unappreciated.

Last edited by ConnieT; 07-20-2019 07:03 AM.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free