Hi, I had this done about 5 weeks ago following 2 years of increasing swallowing difficulties. I didn't have to have radiation and i always thought it was due to scar tissue after the tracheostomy. Anyway, for me it's been a massive improvement, and I can eat normally again, drink normally and swallow tablets. It took about 5 days for my throat to start feeling better, as it was quite sore following the dilatation. I may have to have it done again in future but I wouldnt hesitate. Hope this helps ...all the best for Friday!

March 2017- operation to remove SCC tumour from upper left palate. Partial maxillectomy, free flap forearm reconstruction, left neck dissection. Tracheostomy was c/o as a matter of course following risk of swelling. Back teeth removed as precaution as radiotherapy was predicted. Lymph nodes came back clear, no involvement so rx not required.
HOWEVER, 2 years later , Jan 2019, SCC found in left buccal mucosa, removed by laser. Two operations c/o as first did not have clear margins.