I know I'm late in responding to this --- but I am so glad to know there is a Day dedicated to this Awareness! Thank you, Paul B .

One of my otolaryngologists is the Director of Voice & Swallowing disorders . For many years he just did my esophageal dilation ( because Gastroenterology had trouble with perforating me). But now, he is one of my oncology surgeons as well ( not my Primary surheon, though). Anyway, he rates my Speech as a 3.0, on the dysarthria scale.

I have a Moderately Dysplastic lesion right beside my vocal cords, in the left side Piriform Fossa. He did Laser ablation surgery to it in april, and he recently scoped me and it's still there . No change . So, eventually I have it done again.
My invasive SCC had already recurred in my Floor of mouth & reconstructed tongue Flap-- I surely don't want it down my Hypopharynx as well..... He is hoping the Laser surgery will keep it at bay.

Voice problems are terrible .... Many of us here know all the various implications of having this problem! Unfortunately...

Crystal