While I am happy to report that I completed 3 mega chemo and 35 radiation treatments (seven weeks) six days ago, every day this week has been a struggle. Of course, oncologists and nurses said it was likely for both this week and possibly next week before I might feel better. Pain got very real during the last week. Went on both Hydrocodone and then low-dose, long-acting Morphine. These cause constipation. My radiation oncologist provided a bowel treatment protocol, which gradually increases in medication, concluding with Magnesium Citrate. That saved me from an ER visit to check for obstruction by a day. I am sticking religiously to that protocol.

I lost most of my beard below my ears and some from ear-level. I lost my hair in the back of my neck. Oh, I have throat cancer and the front of my neck after 35 rads now looks reptilian. I can probably scare children! My sister can't look at it. Burn creme is really helping.

The three chemo treatments were cisplatin and the last one was 11 days ago. Chemo blitzes me. I get chemo brain, have trouble focussing, and everything seems a bit unreal. I think KristinS recommended I not do the third treatment due to my report on hearing impairment after both of the first two. But, my wife and I decided, after consultation, that we should do it. Haven't lost my hearing but still impaired. For those 1% that this happens to, please see https://www.cancer.gov/news-events/...isplatin-hearing-loss-sodium-thiosulfate for information on hearing recovery treatment.

My P.E.G. tube really came in handy. Have only had shakes for weeks (exceptions were pudding and apple sauce during chemo), though I could have burritos into the third week. Since my throat is so sore, I have been taking additional water, prune juice, nutritional feedings, and liquid meds through the tube.

Hope some of this is helpful, DavidDH

HPV base of tongue. Some in lymph nodes. Diagnosed 2/27/19. Seven-week treatment (3 chemo, 35 radiation) began April 1, concluded May 17.