I think the ENT suggested the stretching so he could swallow better. He was eating normally but I guess they thought they could make it better.

Christine, I wish he recognized how fortunate he is rather than belly aching about how no one supported him through this journey. Not sure what else I could have done for him. I remind him often how lucky he is.

he told oldest son that he's not going to do tobacco anymore as he can't because it would burn. thank goodness he recognizes that....he doesn't seem too worried about getting cancer again.

No dietician involved anymore as he is back to regular food. He just sees the ENT people to work on therapy for his lipodema? and mouth movement. He could barely open his mouth before this and now it's a real big deal for the surgeons to get in to do biopsies, scopes, etc.

I will search for some older posts about the stretching. It's something I had heard of but knew nothing about it. He seemed to bounce back completely from the surgery immediately afterward.

Last edited by ConnieT; 03-21-2019 08:17 PM.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free