I know the throat stretching procedure has been discussed here many times so Im sure if you do a will get tons of posts to read thru. Just type a couple keywords into the search box thats up near the top right of any page. Im sure you will get tons of threads about this.

I do know quite a few people who have done the throat stretches. One of my close friends who lost her battle with OC after years of fighting and suffering. She actually had to have it done a second time soon after the first stretching procedures. The first time she didnt have much of a change but when she had it done the second time it definitely was helpful. She was also pretty sore for a couple days after doing the procedures.

Connie, I continue to be amazed at your husbands ability to bounce back so quickly! He is so VERY lucky!!! I wish he understood that his recoveries are much quicker and he seems to sail right thru every single thing thats put in front of him. Only about 5-10% of OC patients (those who went thru a similar treatment plan as your husband) are fortunate enough to avoid the horrendous side effects. Your husband isnt alone with how he buries his head in the sand, avoiding all OC info. Over the years we've had many spouses who joined OCF to help their patient go thru OC treatments and recovery. I dont know why but quite a few newly diagnosed patients do NOT want to know anything at all, they depend on their spouses for everything.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma