Im very sorry Marco for not replying!!! None of us here are doctors or have medical training/backgrounds so unfortunately most will not have the specific, in depth knowledge you needed. Ive had bad bloodwork for at least the first 5 years after my first OC. It just became the norm for me. You are not alone with the thyroid not functioning properly after OC treatments. Seems like its inevitable for almost all who have been thru OC w/ rads and chemo... not sure if its only those who had cisplatin or not? Im currently on 75 mcg of levothorxine but sometimes my doc puts it up to 88 mcg after seeing my bloodwork numbers. Ive been doing this for so long (12 years) I havent paid much attention to my bloodwork numbers, guess I really need to watch every little thing like I used to!

Thank you very much for coming back and updating your post!!! Others definitely will benefit from your knowledge. Im hoping this will get sorted out for you soon. Best wishes for many more cancer-free years ahead.

@Kristen.....Pilocarpine has also been known to help patients with low platelets. Personally I couldnt stand the side effects of it making me sweat like crazy. I was given pilocarpine in addition to doing the HBO.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma