Well, here we are, now 10 treatments in to 32. Her throat is SO sore... we didn't expect the severeness of her side effects this quickly. She's got the magic mouthwash & the salt & baking soda solution. Today she sees the radiation oncologist, and we've got to find something additional for pain management. She can't swallow her Tylenol #3. Im hoping he will give her some liquid Norco or some such. Ice packs on her neck help a little...

This morning she told my husband that she's not sure if she can do 20 more of these treatments. (Im so glad that she can talk to him and that they have such a warm & loving relationship!). I told her that, while at the end of the day it is HER body and I will support her no matter what, we all want her to be well and to be with us for a LONG time. I reminded her that she only has a MONTH to go... what's a month compared with her 72 years? She apologized for being upset and making me upset... I asked her to never apologize for that. I am HERE and I will be sad/angry/scared WITH her. She is allowed to feel HOWEVER she feels. My poor, sweet mom.

Im off to search the rest of the forum for more ideas.

Last edited by KellyK70; 02-20-2019 09:46 AM.