Kalle, welcome to OCF!!

If your "red mark" tested positive for HPV, that does NOT mean it is cancerous. With approximately 200 strains of HPV, you would first need to have the "right" type of HPV. Its usually #16, 18 and 10 that are the ones that might turn into something serious down the road. Having one of the "bad" strains of HPV does NOT mean you would ever contract cancer from HPV. In fact most adults will have one form or another of HPV at some point in their lives but the HPV clears their body without ever causing any serious medical issues. Some will carry HPV around for more than a decade with the HPV laying dormant until it goes away on its own. HPV usually has such minimal side effects most who have it have never noticed any symptoms. The chances of an adult who has HPV has it go on to turn into oropharyngeal cancer is very slim, less than 10%. I suggest you read more about HPV by clicking on any of the HPVs on any post.

As far as your "red mark" concerns go... a biopsy will tell you what your "red mark" is. I do not know how medical systems work outside of the US (very limited knowledge about Canada also) but I cant imagine getting a biopsy would be a bad thing. This is especially true as you have noticed something isnt right quite a long time ago. The sooner you take the steps to get a diagnosis, the sooner you can begin to fix whatever is wrong.

Best wishes!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy