Connie, I'm sorry to read all this. I can't comment on the pain issue except to say that I had quite a lot of it during treatment and it continued for several months but eventually went away. Like others here I couldn't handle solid foods for at least 6 months after the end of rads.

I too have largely numb fingers and also tingling up my arms. However this didn't begin until several years after I finished treatment, and it has progressed. Finally a neurologist diagnosed Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome, an unfortunate side effect of having your life saved in this fashion. If your husband's symptoms continue or worsen you might consider a neuro consult - although I must add that not all of them are up on this diagnosis, which I gather is fairly recent. Mind you, I'm no doctor so this is just a guess!

There is a guy in New York who specializes in this condition however. His name is Michael Stubblefield and here's a link to get you started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp5PGCUYRdE&t=9s

I hope your husband finds relief very soon.

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18