While I was pregnant with my daughter I had a sore gum, and had a X-ray done that came back fine.

The area had full pain off and on for years that slowly became constant pain and now is quite a niggling burning pain.

We moved house and I think I went into denial as I assumed my tooth needed a filling but hate dentists so I let it go.

My daughter is turning 6 in a couple of weeks.

The pain got so bad that I tried to take a photo and realised there is a red sore there.

I went to the dentist and did some googling and now there are all these things running around in my head.

My health has been bad (dizziness, gums bleeding occasionally,exhaustion, low iron and ferritin, out of breath)and I’ve been doing a whole bunch of tests but for some reason I ignored this constant pain. I feel like an idiot.

And I was reading about long term survival rates rarely being over 5 years. I think I have been sick for 6. What does this mean in terms of staging? How fast does oral cancer grow?

Has anyone had something that looks like what I have? Is there any possibility it’s not cancer and could just be a disease that causes a sore other than cancer? The dentist was young and couldn’t tell me much and I have to wait to see the surgeon.

So much is going round in my head and all I can think about is leaving behind my daughters frown

Make life that heaven is earth ❤️