can we discuss this......

1. when does it start to come back?
2. did you experience it or did others tell you that you are not remembering as well?

just wondering. I watched my husband sitting at the puzzle table today which I have been running during this treatment. I also oversee the one in Chemo dept. I brought some word puzzles, color books, cards, crayons, etc and keep bringing more simple puzzles as many enjoy sitting down and building them. I've got to meet several people while building puzzles with them and I've enjoyed it. I was happy to see someone else caught on and had donated a basket of word puzzles, coloring book and crayons since last week. Yay! This radiation department also has a healing garden and picks produce for us to enjoy. The local grocery store brings in fresh fruit. They only have healthy choices here which makes me smile. They have a nice library in the waiting room too. I can't say enough good things about this cancer center.

Anyway, my husband is an IT guy, woodworker, detail person but I can see that putting together a simple puzzle piece (one of the reasons I am donating more simple ones with bigger pieces) is almost impossible. I noticed people don't concentrate as well as I would expect so not surprised that a puzzle might be a little overwhelming. I understand there is a lot on one's mind going through this. But I also know he called on Friday to ask how many more treatments he had. 4. He asked again today. I said 4. Nurse said 4 counting today. I reminded him that he called on Friday and he said it's alzheimers so I guess he realizes he isn't remembering things. I've read there's chemo brain and I felt I had it in the beginning as all the details run together while taking in this immense challenge ahead but I am just wondering of other's experiences and what to expect as his disability runs out Oct 19th and I bet he thinks he will be able to work some again. I'm doubting it.

I will say I was shocked at how slow motion his thinking has become even since treatment on Friday. Very noticeable.

thanks......so appreciate everyone here.

Last edited by ConnieT; 10-01-2018 10:15 AM.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free