Hello,

Back in February this year I had a white patch removed and biopsy showed dysplasia/precancerous. This morning, I noticed as I ran my tongue over the site that it had a metallic taste, same as when I noticed it the first time. When I looked, it is a dark pink sore, right in the same spot that was biopsied 4 months ago.
I’m going in on Monday to see the maxilofacial doc who did my last biopsy, so I’m not here looking for anything other than just moral support. I want to believe that it’s just where I bit the skin off as I have a habit of chewing my cheeks. But it’s suspicious to have it in the same spot the white patch was in before. Why did it come back reddish? Has anyone ever heard of this type of return? And, can another biopsy be done in the same spot?
Maybe it’s not precancerous anymore but actual cancer. Maybe that’s why it’s red. All it took was 4 months. I’m shocked. I can’t believe I may be going through this. I’m only 41. Life has been hard day in day out and now this. I was hoping for a quick death, not a painful and protracted one. I’m still numb now. Im going to get my medical POA together and start making plans. I never saw this coming.