Hi Everyone! I wanted to follow up on my previous post to let you all know what's been happening. I had a punch biopsy for a small area that was in the region of previous surgeries and radiation. And yes, yet again, I have a recurrence of SCC. I had an MRI yesterday and the doctor will present my case at the tumor board on Monday so I will know more after that in terms of proposed treatment. My options are limited because of the prior radiation and lack of tissue in the area. I don't want to get ahead of myself before they give me their proposed plan of action, but I would like to read up on free flaps if anyone knows of a good scientific article. I am blessed to be surrounded by loving family and friends as well as my strong faith so I am not shaken by this new revelation, but I do like to go into every treatment informed and aware of the current science available. Thank you all for any info you can provide!

Teacher Karen
DX: SCC of right maxillary alveolar ridge, 9/2010.
Surgery 11/2010, removal of 4 teeth and gum.
Surgery 11/2012, removal of 3 teeth and gum.
IMRT 1/2013-2/2013
Surgery 1/2015 retromolar trigone resection; removal of 1 tooth and gum.
Surgery 10/2015 left modified radical neck dissection, inferior parotidectomy, external carotid artery resection.
Cetuximab based chemoradiation 64.8 Gy to resection bed.
Surgery 6/19/2018 Right inferior maxillectomy, bilateral low palate resection