Im sure this is on a case by case basis. Rads is NOT fun and something we all would love to quit before our treatments are scheduled to end. I actually told everyone I quit but my son and nurses ignored me and made me keep going. Then I ended up getting so sick I was admitted into the hospital. Once in there you have no choice ... those transport people just show up and take you to rads anyway no matter what you say. I lost my voice so couldnt talk by then so I really was at their mercy. Anyway, what I was told way back then (2007) was under no circumstance would my doc cut the amount of treatments. By not completing the original treatment plan's number of rad treatments would give a patient a greater chance for having a recurrence. All it takes is for one teeny tiny microscopic cell to be missed by rads for it to grow into a recurrence. Im sorry, Im not familiar with the study you mentioned. You may want to read more into it before talking to your doc. Pay attention to how many patients participated and what the long term outlook was. In my opinion (a non-medical educated background) its not worth the risk. Ive been thru recurrences...twice! Im one of the very few who can say they've survived 3 rounds of OC within 3 years. From what Ive seen here over the pasty 12 years is many who have a recurrence, the cancer is faster moving and much harder to eliminate. The choice is yours but if I had to decide for myself after everything Ive learned over the years I would definitely NOT opt to cut back rad treatments. Whatever you select, I hope its the right decision for your situation.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma