My husband had bilat tonsillectomy for (HPV 16) oral cancer in Nov 2017. He does voice-overs as part of his work and was also very worried like you are. He didn't exactly sound like himself ( to me either) when he first went back to work, but he is much more critical of his voice than others. Thankfully, on his first day back they had him do a voice-over and has done many since then. I know you're looking at tongue surgery, not the tonsils, and each person has a unique situation and outcome.I just wanted to let you know there is hope and people with success in returning to work doing what they love. We are lucky to be in an area with a clinic to deal with voice therapy for professionals. It really helped him. He did not elect to have radiation, and chemo was not indicated because the cancer and node were encapsulated. Read the posts on the topic "I wish I had known" I really picked up some awesome tips. You will learn things, unfortunately, MDs will not think to tell you, but are most helpful. Good luck to you.

Melba