I hadn't thought about it being a drainage issue, and honestly it makes me feel better to think that. I know my neck and side of face still have issues, even a few years later. The part that scares me (mostly it just frustrates me, but this part really scares me) is that I now have food allergies that can be anaphylactic and I even have to carry an Epi-pen. I *need* to be able to tell if my tongue is swelling because it's just wonky or if it's part of the reaction I'm encountering when someone lies about my food (which happened on my anniversary dinner of all things, and my food allergy is NOT a hard one to control; I'm allergic to spinach, of all ridiculous things).

My speech therapist who helps with my neck massage work does have me do tongue massage work too, to keep scar tissue from continuing to form. I need to keep on top of that better ... it probably helps more with the drainage than I would have thought. I think the term she uses for my neck work is myofascial release, but I might have spelled it wrong. If you can find a therapist who specializes in this, they are worth their weight in gold.

Surgery 5/31/13
Tongue lesion, right side
SCC, HPV+, poorly differentiated
T1N0 based on biopsy and scan
Selective neck dissection 8/27/13, clear nodes
12/2/13 follow-up with concerns
12/3/13 biopsy, surgery, cancer returned
1/8/14 Port installed
PEG installed
Chemo and rads
2/14/14 halfway through carboplatin/taxotere and rads
March '14, Tx done, port out w/ complications, PEG out in June