Welcome to OCF! Many of us who have had neck dissections have had numbness and/or pain thats hung on for years after the surgery. I wouldnt want to buy one either if it was only needed for a few weeks. Will your husband have any further treatments? Many patients who have surgeries also have radiation with or without chemo to ensure every cancer cell has been eliminated. Many patients who go thru rads will sleep in a recliner and use it for at least the first year. Its so much easier for those who use a feeding tube to be in a recliner instead of a bed. Patients are better able to control their thick gunky mucous that most get after rads. Many patients also have sinus issues a recliner helps with that as well.

If your husband does not need any further treatment then maybe renting a recliner would be a better short term option? Maybe you have a close family member in your area who would loan your husband their recliner for a few weeks. If you can borrow a recliner and if your husband continues to use it after about 2 months you can always return it then go buy your own.

Good luck smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy