Thank you every body for helping me with the confidence to ask my Doctors about Social Security Disability, I filled out the paper work and have been approved. I am waiting for my first check due to come this month. SS told me that September would be my first month on disability and I would receive it on the 4th Wednesday in October. I went to a financial meeting the other night at my local cancer support group as there was a SS attorney there that made a 1/2 hour presentation with questions afterword. After his presentation he left, but from what I understand he said that after the age of 62 (I am 61) regular SS payments will take over where SS Disability payments were present. At the age of 62 that is considered early retirement which I think will be a decrease in the amount of the check. I worked in the work force for over 40 years and was going to wait to receive full retirement benefits at the age of 66 &3/4 until I got cancer. Is there any truth to this statement or did I misunderstand?

5/31/16 Partial Glossectomy
Right neck dissection
22 teeth extracted
Six weeks of radiation Ended 8/19/16
2/8/17 Biopsy of epiglottis-cancerous
35 radiation treatments to the throat, End 11/17/17
8/23/19 Tongue reconstruction, left radical neck dissection