Welcome friend! (Waving to you from Virginia and calling you late to dinner! Bahahaha sorry I couldn't resist! ⚜⚜⚜
Dear DeepSeaDan,

Initially, the waiting is the hardest part of this journey. My family took me to the beach for vacation. I reluctantly agreed and I was in a fog the entire time. I layed in bed a lot and it was during that week that I joined OCF. I spent most of my time reading posts and my favorite was: "I wish I would've known."

Then the phone call came and I knew my life would never be the same. I had cancer. Telling my sons was so hard but I made light of it and reassured them I was going to fine I think I even said "I got this!" Internally I wasn't sure but knew I had to remain steadfast as I didn't want to worry them. I was strong in front of my children and family. Heck, they really believe I'm some kind of a warrior. 😳

Behind closed doors I was scared out of my mind and I really felt alone. But when you come in here you are not alone. Everyone reaches out to you, no one makes you feel bad about asking questions or expressing your feelings. This may sound odd but it gave me great comfort joining this group. I wasn't alone anymore and with people just like me. 😉

SCC 4a Biopsy- under tongue 4/7/17 results Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Surgery scheduled 5/9/17. Tumor Boarf reviewing case next Wednesday 5/3/17 Appt surgery/reconstruction/involvement TBD a affected area-base of tongue on the entire right side floor of mouth from base of tongue to wall of mandible, lymph nodes in neck involved. Proceeding w/PET, surgery/ reconstruction TBD, trach, port, radiation, chemo, feeding tube. Learning from you everyday. DeboraLee