Hello all,
I don't know how to approach my radiologist about SSdisability, my ENT is out of the picture for now, I have 35 rad treatments starting in March and I will file short term disability through my work. The treatments will last 7 weeks and plan to file short term for about 12 of those weeks. I was told by a social worker that if my doctor did not think that my treatments were that serious that I could return to work after treatments so that there was no reason even to file! Do I just ask him to help me with SSdisability or what, it is weird to work with doctors that are 20 years younger than I am. I am 60 years old and work as a Master Certified Auto Technician, everyday I smell gasoline fumes, exhaust fumes, in contact with solvents, work on brakes and accidently inhale brake dust though I wear a mask and other things. I am tired of it and am in need of some suggestions.
Please help!
My ENT says that my tongue cancer did not mastecize from there to my throat and that I am just unfortunate, so I am not terminal? Sort of confused right now and probably will be more confused in a few weeks after treatments have started!
Murphy...

5/31/16 Partial Glossectomy
Right neck dissection
22 teeth extracted
Six weeks of radiation Ended 8/19/16
2/8/17 Biopsy of epiglottis-cancerous
35 radiation treatments to the throat, End 11/17/17
8/23/19 Tongue reconstruction, left radical neck dissection