Christine-- thank YOU!!! I read this the other morning only had a moment before heading out to the CCC... but this was so helpful and empowering to advocate for him ( not that they don't understand or appreciate ) but I do think they try very hard to minimize increase in fentanyl until evidence clearly indicates such.. and it sure did.
he is on a much higher patch and still getting some break-thru but moreso his discomfort now comes from burning and edema ( we are using oral solution through PEG tube of naproxyn sodium) which helps.

thank you for your help and support.

ps. when I get the chance, the boys ( dogs) and I take a walk in the woods.. it clears my mind and relieves my thoughts for a bit) and has been my absolute salvation.. and dogs.. well, are therapeutic anyway...

but ... we are at least hopeful now in this phase; done with chemo, done with
rads.... this takes incredible bravery, courage, determination and support to undergo... oral cancer sucks and it's treatment does too. I can only wish for all to be cured.

MrsW
Wife, RN and CG to husband 55 yo diagnosed with tonsillar /lymph nodes SCC HPV+ 11/9/16- PEG and Power Port 12/9/16. Treatment started 12/27 Cisplatin x7 and RAD x35 on 12/28/16. Trismus had gotten worse!