My husband had his right vocal cord removed followed by rads and chemo. 4 1/2 years out of treatment. There has been talk about reconstruction possibilities. Last fall they injected a temporary substance and it slighty improved his voice. The plan was to inject a more pernament substance this next month. I have been opposed to this all along, it could make it hard to dectect any future recurrances. Also, we found out that he would not be able to have any other treatments down the road. Our voice doctor has been in contact with another doctor who would take skin from inside of his mouth and move it to where the vocal cord should be.

My question is, has anyone with similiar circumstances been offered options for improving their voice. He did step down from his job as senior Pastor last year but his voice is still acceptable with a mic but not perfect. He was actually asked to do the funeral of a long-time friend of 34 years today and did an exceptional job.

Husband diagnosed Oct '11 Cancer of the vocal cord Nov '11 removed right vocal cord. Neck Dissection, cancer in one node, .2, very small & contained) Jan '12 Radiation and Cisplatin, 6 doses. June '12 & Dec '12 clear Pet scan. April '13 Celebrating 1 year cancer free since treatment ended.