I suggest calling the ENT next week and asking to be put on the cancellation list. Its fairly common to get bumped up when another patient cancels.

I agree with keeping your upcoming dental appointment. Your dentist sounds competent which is great to hear. Im very glad they do the OC screenings!!! If anything appear "off" ask your dentist to make a phone call to your ENT. That phone call could expedite your appointment as most doctors always will squeeze someone in who really is in need. Honestly waiting until Sept 7th isnt too bad. Its only a couple weeks and it shouldnt make much of a difference in your sore.

I should have asked you a couple questions before. If you use Listerine, stop using it. Any strong mouthwash that has alcohol in it should be avoided. I would also advise you to avoid alcoholic drinks and any tobacco use (even cigars, pipes, e-cigs, etc). Basically Im saying to avoid anything that will irritate your mouth. At your dental appointment ask your dentist what is the best mouth rinse to use when you have a sore in your mouth. Ive been using prescription peridex since I was diagnosed with OC in 2007. Its a little strong for me so I mix it with water but it still works great for me.

Good luck smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy