She likely needs to see an ENT who specializes in oral cancer. A GP just doesn't have the experience or knowledge to handle her concerns.

You will find plenty of members here who have gone through this surgery; sadly you will have to be the point of communication with this forum and then get the info to her. Do you think she will listen to you?

Get on the internet and start looking for a comprehensive cancer center (CCC). They are the experts in the field that she needs right now.

Good luck

P.S. I can see you are in the same state as me. I don't think there are any CCC in this state. I know MD Anderson in Houston is considered perhaps one of the best in the country. I suspect Dallas has at least one CCC also. Yes, it will be more trouble to go out of town for a CCC, but many of them have affordable housing available for patients going through treatment.

I think Harold C Simmons center at UT Southwestern in Dallas is a CCC. Look them up.

Last edited by n74tg; 05-21-2016 05:52 PM.

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good