Dearest OCF Friends,

I am heartbroken to hear of The Hellion's passing, as we all feel the same.

His spirit and determination to go on with life and enjoy the important things like holidays, family, and friends was admirable, especially in the face of what this horrible disease was doing to his body.

I followed his posts all along and he was so gracious to keep us posted (so eloquently, I might add!). It was as though I could hear his British gentleman's voice in his writings. Hellion was brave in the face of his situation.

It seemed as though things were going so well for a while. I was shocked and fearful for him when I learned of all of the mets that he had developed seemingly out of nowhere. Cancer can be relentless, it's maddening! I was so hopeful for one of our trailblazers who was bravely undergoing new and promising treatments. Those like The Hellion will that the medical oncology community, research scientists, and pharmaceutical companies could glean from his participation in clinical trials.

I offer my deepest condolences to his friends here on the OCF Forums and to his family, wife, and children.

Another beautiful person taken too soon by this disease. May we honor his memory and all of those who passed before him by continuing OCF's Mission and Vision!

Love in OCF,
Kerri

37 y/o fem at Dx (23 wks preg @ dx on 3/16/11)
SCC L oral tongue (no risk factors)
L partial gloss/MND 3/28/11 @ 25 wks preg
T1-2N0M0; no rads/chemo
Tonsillectomy on 8/6/12 +SCC L tonsil T2-3N1M0 (HPV-)
Treated with 35 rads/7 carbo & taxol (Rx ended 10/31/12), but many hospitalizations d/t complications from rx.
Various scans since rx ended are NED!
Part of genetic study for rare cancers @ MGH.
44 years old now...I wasn't sure I would make it! Hoping for 40 more!