Hello My name is Charm,
My husband is Steve and he was diagnosed with lip cancer in situ in Feb 2013 and 8 months later diagnosed with stage 4 soft palate cancer/tonsil cancer with nodes involved. He completed treatment in Jan of 2014 (35 rads 3 seven hr long cisplatins). He developed osteoradionecrosis of the maxilla 30 HBOT and had surgery this past April. He just keeps moving forward. Last week the radiologist saw some red patches on his soft palate and wants to see him again in 6 weeks. The radiologist also ordered a low dose ct of his chest. I think that is standard. Steve just had a case of Thrush and I'm thinking the Dr.probably wanted to give a little time in between his next visit for the recheck. I noticed most warriors on this site have been treated for BOT cancer. I am just wondering if there are any stage 4 soft palate cancer patients. I just would like some feed back of how everything is going for them. I am having some fears and I can tell my husband is a little nervous. I admire all the strength of head and neck cancer patients and just wanted to know if anyone would share with me. Thank you, Charm

Last edited by ChristineB; 09-28-2015 01:32 PM. Reason: removed last name

Husband diagnosed 2/13 lower lip scc in situ 2 surgeries never scanned. 8 months later diagnosed soft palate scc stage 4A, tonsil and nodes involved. Hpv positive. Told by ENT small t1 tumor brought in to surgery for tumor removal and neck disection. Aborded surgery. Stage 4!! Finished rads and chemo Jan 2014. Grade 4 ORN of the maxilla, 30 HBOT , sinus surgery , maxilla surgery, buccal flap 4/2015. Doing good. 9-2015 red patch on soft palate , waiting to see.