Hello All,

My head and neck surgeon Doctor told me that no matter how much food I consume following Radiations, I will not be able to gain fat for up to 1 year post-treatment. So far his statement is true, as the last 3 months I've been stuck at 132.7. I finished Rads 11-4-14, Peg tube placed on 10-21-14 and taken out 1-9-15. I've been eating 3 meals by mouth since mid December and I can't pack on a single pound. I know I must be eating little snacks in between my meals but I don't feel like this will make me put on weight

So if this problem persists, I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has gained muscle mass in the year following Radiation Treatments. I started lifting weights 3 days ago and I'm very curious to know if I can develop a solid build of muscle without the help of gaining Fat (unfortunately since I'm so skinny.)

My previous weight pre-cancer was 152 at 5'8, with only 8% body fat and about 45 lbs of muscle. Please let me know your experiences with weight gaining if you've went through Radiation. Thank you very much!
Brandon

Male, 23 year old�Dx 6/17/14 with SCC R Lateral tongue
CT scan clear lymph nodes 6/20/14
HPV-, form-smoker, casual drinker
Right Hemiglossectomy Surgery 6/24/14
(Not reccurrence but went to NCCC instead)
Right neck diss., trach, radial free flap, right tongue diss. surg 8/11/14
PT1N2B..3 positive lymph nodes out of 13
Extranodal extension present
9-15-14 IMRT (35x) and Cisplatin (2x) begun
10-21-14 peg in. 11-4-14 IMRT rx comp. 1-9-15 peg out
3-27-15 Recurrent tumor in lymph node, Left neck diss.
10-29-15 passed away