HI Larry, I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I am a caregiver. My BFF is 71 and we went through nonsense for a few mos. His primary care said he just had some type of cold, then it was heartburn... just ridiculous. I got on the phone, and pushed and pushed and got into an ENT quickly. I was terrified as you can imagine. Ended up with 3.5cm BOT tumor and 1 lymph node. I found this forum and learned so much. I quickly became educated, knew what to ask the docs and just kept pushing until I found the best docs I could find. It is worth the effort to educate yourself and ask many many questions. We just finished week 5 of daily radiation and weekly Chemo, Cisplatin. He is doing great considering what he is going through. He is very healthy and nutrition is very important part of his recovery. I am all over this. I trust our team of docs, it is important to trust your docs. Stay positive, educate yourself, when I finally calmed down and educated myself, I felt like we could beat this cancer. It was not so scarey anymore.

My heart goes out to you, It was only early September when we found out, but the fight goes on and I am confident we will win. 14 days of rads to go and 2 more chemo treatments. I think we will win!

Caregiver
BOT 3 cm 08/24/14
Pet Scan 09/24/14 localized
Rad started 10/07/14
Cisplatin started 10/09/14
PEG 10/28/2014
Last Rad 11/26/14
Last Chemo 11/21/14