Had been a little worried about how listless I was becoming already but on Saturday I kind of rebounded and I had a very long and fulfilling day on Sunday. Got a good night sleep and feel pretty normal this morning on Monday. Going to be able to get some work in. So I'm hopeful of another couple of good weeks without being/feeling so tired and listless before I start chemo again. Feels like I may have turned a small corner.

Taste is becoming noticeable but not really a problem. Just food and drink beginning to feel more 'meh'. But I'm not having any troubles swallowing and taking in nourishment and calories. I go back for a check-up with the chemo doc this afternoon before rads and I'm sure we'll have things to talk about.

Just want to acknowledge the great and unfailing support of you folks here. My friends and family (through a caring bridge site mostly) are very complimentary about my spirits and my knowledge in the face of my situation. I know that I owe a huge part of that to the folks here now and before me.

Paul

Dx at age 47 (in 2014-06), non-smoker.

2014-06 biopsy confirms SCC in BoT w/ HPV16+, Stage T4aN2M0
main tumor plus 2 nearby lymph nodes; bilateral; no metastasis?

2014-07-01 single molar (#3) extracted

2014-07-21 IMRT (35x) and Cisplatin (3x) have begun

2014-09-05 IMRT and Cisplatin finished! (only had 2x Cisplatin - weeks 1 and 4)

2014-09 to 2014-12 Recovery. I think I can...

2014-12 follow-up PET/CT scan is negative. All clear!

2016-05 all subsequent PET/CTs negative.