Wow, that is a rare card to draw. Welcome to the club my dear, glad you found us, sorry you had to wink

What stands out in the articles I've read about this uncommon type of Leukoplakia, is it's highly likely for malignancy and chance of recurrence. Scary stuff.

The best advice in Cancer is to get the "Absolute Best Medical Advice Available To You". In Indiana, I think I'd reach out to Dr. Paul Zitterbart, DDS, MSD, MPH, or Dr. Jack Schaaf, DDS, MSD, at the University of Indiana's School of Dentistry.

Both of those gentleman are well respected (I'm more familiar with Dr. Schaaf due to his extensive work in various Oral Medicine Associations) and should be able to answer your questions about what's known about your diagnosis.

Here's a link https://www.dentistry.iu.edu/index....d-radiology/oral-diagnosisoral-medicine/

Hope that helps, keep up the good fight!

E.

Last edited by EricS; 06-19-2014 02:31 PM.

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.