I'm deeply saddened to hear this. I know some of you will remember when Jim first arrived, and the urging of his then-girlfriend? (my recollection...may/may not have the relationship correct). I remember welcoming a reluctant, somewhat negative, pragmatic man who had "come to grips" with cancer, and was "O.K." with it taking his life.

It took a while for him to begin to change, but change he did. Watching him, and talking with him as he continued his journey with the Beast, I saw an amazing transformation...the more difficulty he faced, the more determined he became. Determination to be positive, to become more educated on the latest roadblock, to develop countless changes in approach to his "new normal"

I remember Jim saying he KNEW cancer would end his life. I also remember him being convinced that it would do that quickly, within 6 months of him joining us here...more than six YEARS ago.

Safe travels, & happy trails to you, EZJIM. You gave me something I needed badly all those years ago; someone to champion, someone to help, and in doing so help myself. You played a big role in my adjusting to my new normal which at the time, I wasn't sure I COULD fully adjust to. In the years that followed, you gave me an example, many times over that living life richly, even after oral cancer was a very "do-able" thing to do. You'll be missed, my friend

SCC left mandible TIVN0M0 40% of jaw removed, rebuilt using fibula, titanium and tissue from forearm.June 06. 30 IMRT Aug.-Oct. 06