SLL, I completely understand why you wrote the things you did. Everyone has a limit, that invisible line they have where they wont continue treatments.

I think the reason I felt I needed to comment on your point of view was I didnt always feel like the way I do now. When I was diagnosed with my third round of OC, I was ready to pack it in and finish out what good days I had left. I was quitting before I even gave fighting a chance. Because of the friends I had made on this forum and its founder Brian Hill, I sought treatment for my third round of OC. I had one of the worst years of my life with that third round but somehow I survived and then I began to thrive and make a new life for myself. My career, house and old life were a thing of the past and some days it was hard to get my priorities in order. But in time I accepted my new life was different but I still was the same person inside no matter what limitations my outer shell had. Now I am almost 5 years since that dark time and I am thankful for every single day I am alive and can share it with my family and friends.

I hope you never go thru the things I have. It sounds like you have been thru quite enough already. No matter what path you decide, we will help you as much as we can.

Im sure you will eventually hear from others who have a similar diagnosis. If you have specific obturator questions, there are several members with first hand knowledge of those appliances.

Best wishes!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy