Treatment number 22 is today with 8 more left to go! I can really see myself in seven days participating in the 4 mile Westport run! Granted I won't be running this year but maybe a light jog for a little ways and walking the rest. So far the sores in my mouth have been held at bay. I don't have any pain in my mouth at this time! I am not taking anything but making sure that I am doing my salt/baking soda rinses two to three times a day, keeping my mouth clean and drinking around 1 gallon of water throughout the day. I have also kept up on my calorie intake. I haven't eaten the healthiest foods lately but I am planning on jumping back on the nutrition wagon this weekend. Tax season has been getting in the way of planning my meals. My weight is still holding and haven't lost any. My energy is around 90%. I had a sore throat a few days ago from the sores and immediately started gargling the salt water/baking soda rinse which extinguished the pain. Next week is a big week as it will be the last big chunk of treatment. I will be stocking up on nutrition this weekend and getting ready for the final big hurdle. My skin has a slight sunburn and I've lost a little bit of hair at this point. My face feels tight and my tongue has shrunk a little bit. I haven't had a problem with dry mouth except when I wake up in the morning. I'll post an update next weekend and a final treatment update the following week.

SCC front left lateral tongue T2N0M0 After neck dissection. partial glossectomy 12/26/13. Perinueral Invasion. IMRT 60gy 30 treatments beginning 2/5/14 through 3/19/14.