I will be completing #18 out of 30 today. So far the side effects have diminished and I haven't had to break into my GI Cocktail (Licodane). My last taste bud died yesterday afternoon and now steak taste like spinach and potatoes taste like ribs. On a more serious note I am doing very well. My sores on the tongue have healed and the other sores around the cheeks are manageable. I have three to four cups of coffee a day(its the good stuff and yes I can still taste coffee!). My energy level is good and I am keeping on my weight. For those who will go after me please keep in mind that your attitude will get you through 90% of this treatment. The other 10% will be the tried and true directives that others before me have listed. Not all side effects will be the same, but if you are very disciplined in your care, you will most likely avoid the more serious pitfalls. 2 1/2 more weeks and I will be done! I am still prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.

SCC front left lateral tongue T2N0M0 After neck dissection. partial glossectomy 12/26/13. Perinueral Invasion. IMRT 60gy 30 treatments beginning 2/5/14 through 3/19/14.