Scott,

Its not a question of "if", its "When" I get through this. You have every right to be scared. You are facing a lot of unknowns at this point. Its probably the worst part of the whole experience. Get your support team together and surround yourself with positive people. You will be able to do great things after this is done. Your life will change and you may notice that your life will be more fulfilling. Right now, hanker down, absorb the information and get a second opinion. Listen to the guys who posted before me to go to a healthcare facility that specializes in this type of cancer care. There are links on this site that list the facilities near your area. I was diagnosed on 11/7/13 and had my surgery on 12/26. BEFORE I made any moves, I made sure that I was comfortable with the treatment plan. Definitely post any questions you may have on this site. Its a gold mine of information. One last thing....YOU GOT THIS!!

SCC front left lateral tongue T2N0M0 After neck dissection. partial glossectomy 12/26/13. Perinueral Invasion. IMRT 60gy 30 treatments beginning 2/5/14 through 3/19/14.