@Ed,

After I posted my thoughts I wondered if you would take my post in the spirit I meant and not one to just be slamming you for offering your discovery. As we have a similar DNA and cultural identity, I figured you understood my point. Having similar tech backgrounds, critical thinking and problem solving built in also helps. Thanks.

The theory goes oxidative stress is linked to periodontal disease and antioxidants reduce oxidative stress so less cavities, etc. Free radicals increase oxidative stress.

Now, they need to show the research bears this out. I researched their site. Under the Science tab there are three sub tabs. All information reported as science was prepared by one individual and there are no links to the papers, just abstracts at best.

A couple other interesting facts. They mention a chemist is running their research lab but this person is not identified. It might be implied as the author of the mentioned papers but not explicitly stated.

Another observation is the papers and presentations were produced very close together and then nothing. One would assume if this was promising there would be more research and results published. One reasonable conclusion is the theory was not accepted by peers and thus sort of died out.

If you have a sample, what are the ingredients as nothing detailed is listed on the website? Maybe we can do a bit more investigation as to what might be the active processes here.

Here is a paper describing some info on antioxidants in general. I'd "invest" in this one. :-) I can sleep well with this one tucked into my sheets.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/antioxidants/

Going down another path is the idea of free radicals. Supposedly they are bad so reducing them is a good idea. This article relates electrons and free radicals. Free radicals eat electrons. Antioxidants are a form of electron donor which is supposed to reduce to harmful effects of the free radicals.

The other post is about alkaline water to maybe help reduce cavities. What I found marketed along with the high pH on the bottled water was the use of the term electrolytes. Sounds kind of similar but I have no idea what relationship electrolytes have to being considered an electron donor. I'll pursue this a bit more.

IF, and a big if, the electrolytes are a electron donor to help fight free radicals and the alkalinity fights the bacteria growth, we just might be onto something that is fighting on both fronts.

Don

Don
Male, 57 - Great health except C
Dec '12
DX: BOT SCC T2N2bMx, Stage 4a, HPV+, multiple nodes
1 tooth out
Jan '13
2nd tooth out
Tumor Board -induction TPF (3 cycles), seq CRT
4-6/2013
CRT 70gr 2x35, weekly carbo150
ended 5/29,6/4